Monday, September 21, 2009

Hello

Hi my name is Lindsay Damici, I am a senior marketing management major at Champlain College in Burlington, VT. This is my first personal blog. Being a marketing management major it is important to keep up with new media trends. One thing I like about 21st century media is the availability of information presented to us. One thing that I don’t like about 21st century media is how it can affect our youth. There is no real way to keep media created for an older crowd from being seen by a younger one.

A fun experience with media that I have had recently was last February on Valentines Day. I was visiting Brussels and while walking through a crowded market area there was a charity fundraiser. To draw attention they were having people passing by put chocolate on their lips and kiss blank canvases. This event was drawing huge crowds of people not only raising money but also getting their name known in the community.




After college I would love to get into event marketing and/or planning or travel marketing. I studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland for the Spring 09 semester. While I was there I did a lot of traveling around Ireland as well as Europe and fell in love with it. So, wherever I end up in life I know traveling and seeing new things will be apart of it.

While I was in Ireland I was able to work with a non-profit organization called Barnardos . Along with three other people we put together a marketing campaign in hopes to recruit 4th level students to organize events that raise money for the organization. Here is a video by Barnardos.

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent introductory blog post, Lindsay.

    Great to see your "Barnardos" blog post, as well - how well did the campaign go?

    Welcome to the blogosphere,

    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really liked what we put together for them. They said they are going to definitely going to use some o what we put together. The new Champlain students this semester I believe are picking up where we left off so it should be interesting to see what they put into action.

    ReplyDelete